Sunday, October 08, 2006

A while ago, I wrote a post to my myspace blog regarding worthless words and phrases. Whenever I hear these words/phrases, my blood runs cold. I dream of a day that these words and phrases will be erased from society's lexicon. To assist in the pursuit this dream, I've copied the original blog post over to this new blog. In the coming days, I'll be adding new words and phrases to this list. That said, here's the original post:

Irregardless: this is not a word. It never has been, it never will be. Regardless means without regard. Irregardless, therefore, would mean "with regard".

"I could care less": This phrase is fine if you're trying to tell someone that you care about something, but could be convinced not to care anymore. I've never heard anyone use it in this way though. Rather, people use it to say "I couldn't care less", which is something entirely different.

"Be that as it may" : uh, what? This phrase is so worthless I don't want to waste time explaining why it should be banned. If you don't understand what's wrong with it, do the world a favor and replace your rubber duckie with a plugged in toaster next time you take a bath.

"It goes without saying": If it does, why did you have to say it?

"It just goes to show you": What goes to show me? Are you talking about the way the phrase "It just goes to show you" shows me you're a retard?

"principality": If you're talking about a political unit, we're fine. If you're talking about an underlying principle related to your current conversation, you're an idiot.

"I won't dignify that with a response": "I won't dignify that with a response" is a response, jackass.

End of.

No comments: