Monday, November 06, 2006

"Be like me: throw away your vote on Tuesday"

Tomorrow, I'm driving up to Carmel to throw away my vote. Why? I'm in a district that's far from highly contested. The democrats rarely even put up a candidate for most offices. So I'm going with my ideology and voting straight libertarian ticket.

I personally believe that the government like a reverse King Midas; everything it touches turns to shit. Sure, there are certain things we need government for; protection of property rights, defending us against other nations, and giving people something to whine about. But that's about it. I don't thnk the government has any right to tell me what to injest, what to say, or how to behave when my actions don't affect others. That's why I vote Libertarian.

Are you unsure about who to vote for? Obviously, I say vote Lib - it's the cool new way to avoid voting for Republicans. Plus, you'll be in the company of cool dudes like the creators of South Park, John Stossel, Clint Eastwood, Drew Carey, Dave Barry, and Milton Friedman. But if you need more information, check out these sites; they explain things better than I can:

  • The Agitator - talks about how the government is stripping away our liberties.
  • Reason - a great magazine about libertarian politics. You can buy it at Borders, but they put all the content online for free.
Enjoy!

No comments: